Weakened immune systems, lowered resistance to bacterial and viral infections, low hemoglobin, birth defects and cancer are just some of the harmful effects of using microwave ovens for cooking or re-heating food. Not convinced? Here’s more: The microwave radiation can leak out and damage human cells and tissues. Foods cooked or re-heated in microwaves, have been shown to elevate cholesterol and stress, and decrease white blood cells.
According to FDA, microwave radiation can heat body tissue the same way it heats food. Burns, cataracts, and temporary sterility can be caused by exposure to large amounts of microwave radiation, much more than the 5mW limit for microwave oven leakage. When your tissues are directly exposed to microwaves, violent deformations occur and can cause microwave sickness. People who have been exposed to high levels of microwave radiation experience a variety of symptoms, including insomnia, night sweats, and various sleep disturbances; headaches and dizziness; swollen lymph nodes and a weakened immune system; impaired cognition; depression and irritability; nausea and appetite loss; vision and eye problems; and frequent urination and extreme thirst. Standing near the microwave when it is in use can expose you to upwards of 400 milliGauss – a mere 4 milliGauss has been firmly linked to leukaemia.
Microwaves, found in 90% of American homes, affect proteins, antioxidants, and the overall nutrient content of food. Hot spots in microwaved food can be hot enough to cause burns—or build up to a steam explosion. Carcinogenic toxins can leach out of plastic and paper containers/covers, and into the food. Microwaving fatty foods in plastic containers leads to the release of dioxins (known carcinogens) and chemicals such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET), benzene, toluene, xylene, bisphenol A or BPA, and BPS, which are linked to the impairment of female reproductive elements and brain development, along with diabetes, and prostate disease.
In 1991, there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma concerning the hospital use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. The case involved a hip surgery patient, Norma Levitt, who died from a blood transfusion. Since the nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven, the microwaving altered the blood and it killed her. It is, thus, apparent that there’s much more to heating with microwaves than we’ve been led to believe.
Here’re some more reasons not to use a microwave (based on Swiss, Russian and German clinical studies)…
- Continuously eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain.
- The human body cannot metabolize the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continuously eating microwaved foods.
- The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in a microwave oven.
- Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths. This has been a primary contributor to the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in the United States.
- Eating micro-waved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
- Rates of obesity and diabetes have risen dramatically since the introduction of microwave ovens.
- Microwaving breast milk cuts down on lysozyme activity, reduces key antibodies, and promotes potentially dangerous bacteria.
And more evidence about the risks of certain waves in microwaves (click picture to enlarge):
You want to support Anonymous Independent & Investigative News? Please, follow us on Twitter: Follow @AnonymousNewsHQ